It’s autumn which means it’s time for the 21st Bahrain International Music Festival – a week-long celebration of diverse music from around the world.
Catering for local and regional audiences, the programme this year falls in line with the mission of the Ministry of Culture’s Capital of Arab Culture programme to provide multi-disciplinary learning opportunities and cultural exchanges.
The events are out to entertain and impress viewers of all ages and all performances are free taking place at the Cultural Hall adjacent to Bahrain National Museum at 8pm.
• Sep 30 An evening of opera with Noresta El Marghany from Egypt
• Oct 2 Qanun night, Hasmik Leyloyan from Armenia showcasing the zither-type instrument
• Oct 3 Traditional and modern songs with oud by Mohammed Al Amin (pictured) of Sudan who told us “This is my first visit to Bahrain. I hope that it is not the last and I wish that our participation in the activities of Manama, as capital of Arabic culture 2012, would consolidate the relationship between our people”
• Oct 4 An orchestral concert with Amina Srarfi-El Azifet from Tunisia
• Oct 5 A second orchestral offering, this time with the Spanish Orquestra Camara De Reina Sofia.