Results without rabbit food
OK so we all know the dieter’s dread, a life of green leaves, steamed fish and water.
But it really doesn’t have to be that way since, in Bahrain, we’re lucky enough to have several companies who’re happy to deliver balanced meals right to your door with barely a lettuce leaf in sight.
Carlton Nutrition Centre
Running since 2002 and with branches throughout Saudi Arabia as well as Bahrain, Carlton has a team of dietitians who’ll help formulate a healthy eating plan consisting of three meals plus snacks per day which is delivered to your home or office.
BD145 for two weeks or BD260 per month. Call (17 255 044).
Qualified personnel carry out a body assessment and recommend a daily calorie count to achieve weight loss.
Customers then get to choose the types of food they like and the company delivers breakfast, lunch, dinner, including puds, and two snacks to your door each morning.
While you’re on the programme you’ll also get frequent follow-ups to keep you motivated.
BD250 per month. Call (17 534 499).
Health Watchers works on a similar principle. You’ll have an initial consultation with a dietitian who’ll chat about the types of foods you should be eating, lifestyle changes and the need for regular exercise.
Daily menus are then delivered either to home or work and they’re really quite substantial though, we have to confess, there’s usually a salad of some sort involved.
BD250 per month. Call (17 811 449).
This one’s more about putting extremely good stuff into your body. The bodybiotic diet means meals made of up 80 per cent either land or sea-based vegetables with the other 20 per cent coming from either protein or grains. Nutrient-rich foods high in enzymes and beneficial bacteria to bring the body back into balance are in and foods which cause imbalances and feed harmful yeasts are out.
BD137 for a ten-day programme. Call (17 534 999) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or check out TLC Bahrain which takes blood tests and then works out a personalied diet for you – but doesn’t deliver it.
Call (39 663 900).
Time Out Bahrain,
Most viewed outletsAll outlets
Our favourite features
Afternoon tea in Bahrain Our favourite spots for that most British of occasions
Best spas in Bahrain 11 of the island's most luxurious spas for you to try
10 dishes under a Dinar The delicious budget food you have to try in Bahrain
10 to try: Great Bahrain walks Parks, malls, beaches and side streets to stride this month
10 best pizzas in Bahrain Where to find perfect pizzas in Bahrain
10 steps to a healthier life Eat, sleep, detox and exercise your way to a healthier body