11 ways you can support Breast Cancer Awareness Month in Bahrain
Don your pink ribbons and donate some cash, as Bahrain’s dedicated breast cancer charity, Think Pink Bahrain, hosts events in collaboration with other supportive venues on the island. Here are 11 ways you can get involved…
1 . Have an afternoon tea Bay View Lounge’s award-winning afternoon tea is turning pink this month in the Four Season’s lobby lounge. Get one set for two people or two sets for four every day. BD15++ (for two), BD28++ (for four). October 1-31, 3pm-6pm. Four Seasons Bahrain Bay (17 115 500).
2. Relax at the spa Try the Tickled Pink package, exclusively at The Ritz-Carlton’s spa. It starts off with an exfoliation using raspberry and oatmeal, followed by a rose oil massage. Your nails will then be painted pink and a refreshing pink grapefruit juice, which is packed with antioxidants, is served to finish. Twenty percent of proceeds will be donated to Think Pink Bahrain. BD40 (80 minutes). October 1-31, 9am-9pm. The Ritz-Carlton Bahrain, Seef (17 586 808).
Head to The Four Seasons Pink Boutique, which is based in the lobby alcove. The chefs have prepared boxes of pink macarons and baked goods, while colourful bouquets of flowers and official cancer foundation products are also available. Prices vary. October 1-31, 11am-9pm. Four Seasons Bahrain Bay (17 115 500).
4. Play golf
On October 8, there’s the “Beat the Pros” challenge on hole 12 at The Royal Golf Club, which will see all green fees donated to Think Pink Bahrain. Then, on the 13th, a nine-hole par three event takes place, followed by a ladies’ Think Pink Pro-Am tournament on the 19th. A portion of every weekend and every Wednesday evening green fee will be donated to the charity. And the club’s restaurants are selling pink desserts and mixed beverages and 50 percent of proceeds will be donated. Prices and timings vary. The Royal Golf Club, Riffa (17 750 777). 5. Indulge in brunch
Three special brunches are being held at Choices in Art Rotana, aiming to raise funds and awareness for Think Pink Bahrain. The brunches will offer all your favourite dishes across the buffet and multiple live cooking stations, while raffle prize draws also take place. Kids can also hang out in the play area, where there are PlayStations and other activities. BD34 (with house beverages). Friday October 14, 21 and 28, 12.30pm-4pm. Art Rotana, Amwaj Islands (16 000 111).
6. Then have another brunch The award-winning Friday brunch at Bahrain Bay Kitchen is hosting a series of Pink Brunches to raise more funds and awareness for the charity. Enjoy the stylish surroundings and beautiful views, while indulging in a range of cuisines from the buffet and live cooking stations. Kids can also enjoy a dedicated buffet and Kids For All Seasons club activities. BD27++ (food and soft drinks), BD37++ (with house beverages). October 14, 21 and 28, 12.30pm-3.30pm. Four Seasons Bahrain Bay (17 115 500).
7. Eat a seven-course dinner Eight of Bahrain’s most notable chefs are getting together in one kitchen to prepare a seven-course set dinner at Cut by Wolfgang Puck. This includes four executive chefs from Four Seasons Bahrain Bay, as well as Susy Massetti from Masso, Louis Kenji of Maki and Joan Gomez from La Vinoteca Barcelona and Café Amsterdam. BD75++. Friday October 14, 7pm-11pm. Four Seasons Bahrain Bay (17 115 044).
8. Go horse riding
Muharraq Horse Riding School is showing their support by hosting Ride for Pink on October 22, when a maximum of 100 riders can take part in a three-hour ride. All proceeds will go to the charity. BD7 registration. Saturday October 22, ride starts at 4pm. Muharraq Horse Riding School, Galali (39 858 770).
9. Try Zumba For the second year in a row, The Royal Beach Club is organising a Zumba marathon at The Ritz-Carlton’s private island. This time it’s a “Bolly Zumbathon” and all funds will go to Think Pink Bahrain. BD5 per person. Saturday October 22, 6pm-8pm. The Ritz-Carlton Bahrain, Seef (17 586 808).
10. Go paddleboarding The official closing event for Think Pink Bahrain’s month-long programme is family friendly stand-up paddleboarding. At the time of writing, more specific details of the event are not available, but updates are available this month. Price on request. Friday November 4, timings on request. Amwaj Islands (77 363 677).
11. Say iCheck Most importantly, go for a check-up at your local hospital to make sure you’re healthy. Also encourage the women in your life to book an appointment. Breast cancer can be treatable when caught early. Having regular check-ups throughout the year might just save yours or your loved one’s life. www.thinkpinkbahrain.com.