Sarah Bremermann tells us all about her life in Bahrain and the places she likes to hang out
Sarah Bremermann, 35, assistant spa manager
• I was born in Southampton, on the south coast of England. I spent seven years working at sea on a cruise ship, but lived the last four years in London with my husband. I love to experience as much as I can in life, which is why my husband and I are both here in Bahrain. Also the weather in England is never very good, even in summer time.
• I have been here two weeks, and my first impression is how friendly people are. Everyone we have met has really gone out of their way to welcome us at The Diplomat Radisson Blu hotel and also to life in Bahrain.
• During my time at sea, we docked in Dubai a few times. Dubai is a great place, but very busy – I definitely prefer Bahrain. After the busy life of London, it’s great to have a slower pace.
• So far, I love the City Centre shopping mall. It makes me feel like I am back in London with all the English shops. I especially like Marks & Spencer and Next. I have also been to the F1 race track and am very much looking forward to the F1 race next year. My favourite restaurant is Hong Kong. I really enjoy Chinese food in the traditional setting.
• I am enjoying life in Bahrain. I miss my family and sitting out in my garden, but it’s great to meet people from different cultures and backgrounds. I just have to get used to the heat now.