Party season is just getting started, try these top nights out in Bahrain
1. W-Night at Bushido Lounge
Bahrain’s über-hip Japanese lounge is great for occasions such as last month’s Pacha Ibiza tour. On regular weeks, every Thursday night you’ll find DJ Albert Mauri spinning to an appreciative crowd who take the dress to impress invitation seriously. Free drinks for ladies, chilled beats and a sense of style make it a must-try night. Free. Thu 9pm-Midnight. Bushido Lounge, Seef (1758 3555).
2. Wahine Tuesdays at Trader Vic’s
Floral shirts, fruity mixed drinks, an unpretentious crowd and a lively, fun-loving band make for a top night out in this popular, Polynesian-themed lounge. Ladies receive complimentary mixed drinks and it shouldn’t come as a surprise if somebody in a grass skirt tries to give you a garland of exotic flowers to dance around in. Free. Tue 6-9pm. The Ritz-Carlton Bahrain, Seef (1758 6555).
3. Microphone Madness at JJ’s Irish Restaurant Every night at JJ’s just works. We’re not exactly sure why, they just do. Take the Monday night karaoke sessions. The standard is high, the performances rowdy and the jeans and T-shirt-friendly dress code allows for a mellow, rocky vibe. Of course, the free drinks for performers helps. On other nights, house band The Noise are centre stage, but on a Monday you have your chance for small-scale stardom. Free. Mon 9pm-late. JJ’s Irish Restaurant, Gudaibiya (3932 9083). 4. Salsa night at Bizarre Lounge There is, we’re pleased to report, nothing bizarre about this sultry salsa night. Apart, possibly, from some of the dancing. But we’re in a forgiving mood when we consider this venue is a brunch after-party hotspot. The after-party of the after-party is where it is at, though, with Latin-tinged tunes and dance instructors taking to the floor from 8pm until late. Free. Fri 8pm-2am. Le Méridien City Centre Bahrain, Seef (1717 1000).
The Ramee Rose Hotel has one of the truest nightclub experiences in Bahrain and Phat Fridays one of the most eclectic music mixes. Listen out for hip-hop, R&B, house and the all-too-common commercial chart music. So far so familiar, but there is also a sprinkling of reggaeton and moombahton as well. No wonder the dancefloor fills up most weekends. Although the free drinks for ladies and extended happy hour might have something to do with that, too. Free. Fri 6pm-2am. Ramee Rose Hotel, Juffair (3441 9910).
6. The Classics at Domain Privé Great nights out don’t always have to be about punching the air, singing at the top of your voice and dancing like you just don’t care. High up on the 36th floor of The Domain Hotel every Tuesday there is a more sophisticated vibe and leisurely pace with this classic movie night. If a cheese platter and glass of grape is more your thing, then look out for movies such as Some Like It Hot, All About Eve, Sabrina and Singing in the Rain, all of which are screening this month. BD10 (cheese and glass of grape), BD5 (soft drink and popcorn). Tue 6.30pm-9pm. The Domain Hotel & Spa, Diplomatic Area (1600 0000).
7. Finesse at Klub 360
Klub 360 knows what we want from ladies’ night. So, as well as the banging tunes and strobing lights every Sunday and Wednesday, there are free mixed drinks for ladies and raffle draws to win designer bags, perfumes, spa treatments and more. Free. Sun and Wed 8pm-2am. Elite Crystal Hotel, Juffair (1736 0300).
8. Live Music at Polo Gastropub There’s a slight Hollywood feel to The Palace Boutique Hotel, but it is music rather than movies which take centre stage. Loads of bands pass through the English-style pub with Hot Laser (Oct 1), Vertigo (Oct 7), The Must (Oct 14 and 28), Ravens (Oct 20) and BG Harmony (Oct 21) all playing this month. Free. Various dates, from 9pm. The Palace Boutique Hotel, Adliya (1772 5000).
9. Ladies’ night at Ibrida
One is never enough for some people, which is why the Ramee Grand’s massive club has four ladies’ nights every week. As well as free drinks until midnight, there is rocking house band, Dynamix, to enjoy and DJ Andy Gulch on the decks. Free. Tue-Thu 9pm-midnight. Ibrida, Ramee Grand Hotel, Seef (1711 1999).
10. Ladies’ night at Wu Lounge This Amwaj lounge might be best known as an Asian restaurant, but there are plenty of reasons to go. For starters, on Wednesdays, ladies can pick three free mixed drinks and enjoy a beachside sunset, cool DJ tunes and al fresco vibe. Free. Wed 5pm-til late. Art Rotana, Amwaj Islands (1600 0111).