Serves 4 Ingredients 2 Arabic flatbreads, toasted and cut into bite-sized pieces 8 leaves of romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces 2 scallions, sliced, white parts only 1 cucumber, diced 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges ¼ cup fresh parsley, diced 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced 2 tbsp ground sumac ¼ cup lemon juice ¼ cup olive oil ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, diced Salt and pepper to taste
Method • Preaheat oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C
• Toast Arabic bread for five to 10 minutes or until crisp, then break into bite-sized pieces.
• In a large bowl, toss together pita, romaine lettuce, scallion, cucumber and tomatoes.
• In a separate bowl, mix the parsley, garlic, sumac, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and mint. Pour over the pita mixture and toss just before serving.
Serves 8 Ingredients 1 large potato, diced 2 baby courgette, diced 1 green pepper, diced 1 butternut squash, diced 1 medium aubergine, diced 1 tomato, diced 1 bunch of fresh coriander, diced 2 tbsp olive oil 4 chicken breasts, diced 1 large onion, finely chopped 2 cloves of garlic, minced 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced 1 tbsp tomato paste 3 green chillies, finally chopped 300 ml chicken stock 3 pieces of loomi (sun dried limes) Dill and coriander to garnish
Method • Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the chicken for ten minutes. Set aside.
• Add the potato, courgette, aubergine and potato, season and stir fry for eight to 10 minutes, set aside.
• Saute the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger for two to three minutes. Add the tomatoes, cilantro and tomato paste. Add the spices, stir thoroughly.
• Add the chick, chicken stock and loomi and let simmer for 30 minutes.
• Add the vegetables, simmer for a further 10 minutes.
• Sprinkle with chopped dill and coriander and serve.
Serves 6 Ingredients 250g baked and crushed puff pastry 50g sliced almonds, plus some extra for sprinkling on top 30g chopped pistachios 30g chopped pine nuts 30g chopped sultanas 30g chopped apricots Zest from one orange 2 tsp ground cinnamon 2 cardamom pods 400ml whipping cream 200ml milk 50g caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, seeds removed
Method • Bake the puff pastry according to the instructions on the packet (15-20 minutes at 220 degrees C/428 degrees F)
• Cut the puff pastry into small squares and place in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle in the nuts and dried fruit.
• Preheat the oven to 250 degrees C/482 degrees F.
• Put 200ml of the cream, plus the milk, sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla pod (cut and scrape the seeds out)into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour through a sieve over the pastry in the bowl. Tidy up the pastry so that it is all covered by teh cream.
• Leave to soak for five minutes.
• Whip the remaining 200 ml of cream and spoon onto the creamy pastry mix.
• Bake until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes.