More than 6,000 families helped by Bahrain’s Supreme Council for Women

Families of frontline health personnel have benefitted from the scheme

More than 6,000 families helped by Bahrain’s Supreme Council for Women

Bahrain’s Supreme Council for Women (SCW) has helped more than 6,000 families over the past two months.

The Together for the Safety of Bahrain drive was launched following directives from Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al-Khalifa, Wife of His Majesty the King to help women-supported families.

More than 2,000 families have been given sanitisers, medical equipment and medicine as well as educational items to help those suffering from chronic diseases.

Others have received psychological and family and business consultancy, judicial and educational services through the Your Advisor programme.

SCW secretary-general Hala Al-Ansari said, “Bahraini women-supported families made up 80 percent of the overall beneficiaries, while families of health personnel on the front-line of the battle against (COVID-19) accounted for the remaining 20 percent.”

The Together for the Safety of Bahrain drive has been organised in coordination with the eVolunteer platform.

If you’d like to help, you can still sign up to be a volunteer to support the Kingdom’s efforts to combat the coronavirus (COVID-19).

The opportunities range from medical and administrative services to logistic support.

Be the first to get all the latest Bahrain news, reviews and deals into your inbox by signing up to our free newsletter, click here to sign up.

More from News

They will be distributed to citizens and residents for free

Your current card is valid until expiration

Plastic table covers and mats will no longer be imported or produced from next month

The day will pay tribute to the efforts of frontline medical staff

Newsletters

Follow us