Grilled chicken with turmeric
½ bunch of coriander leaves
2tsp crushed black pepper
4 large, peeled cloves of garlic
1tbspoon grated ginger
500g boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
3tbsp fish sauce
2tbsp oyster sauce
1tbsp ground turmeric
2tbsp light or dark brown sugar
Bamboo skewers, soaked in water
Serve with rice and lemon or lime wedges
1. Blend coriander, pepper, garlic and ginger into a fine paste.
2. Transfer paste into a large mixing bowl along with fish sauce, oyster sauce, ground turmeric, brown sugar.
3. Then marinate the chicken cover and refrigerate for up to two hours then thread the chicken pieces onto bamboo skewers, pushing them tightly against each other.
4. Grill the chicken, turning occasionally, until thoroughly cooked through and slightly charred (about eight minutes in total) before serving.
Avocado and lentil salad
340g boiled green lentils
1 ripe avocado, chopped
340g spinach leaves, chopped roughly
1tbsp olive oil, optional
4tbsp pomegranate seeds
2 mandarins, sliced
170g edamame beans
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, leaving a few pomegranate seeds and mandarins out for garnish.
2. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and mandarins and serve on a bed of greens.